Welcome
Welcome to sundayskypers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

New Year's Resolutions

Where to discuss stuff.

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Postby zircher » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:16 pm

New Year's Resolutions 2016 [Late year crap-where-did-the-time-go? edition]

Table Top Gaming and RPGs:

1. Play three new games.
(success) Played Quill, a solo letter writing PRG. Played a solo version of A Fool's Journey twice, Rewind (also solo), Rebel Galaxy, Centauri Sector, and Uncharted Worlds (GMing and loving it).
2. Play two ancient games from my closet.
(success) WarpWar, Star Trek: The Adventure Game, and I'm looking at Starship Troopers as well as a few others.
3. Finish and post some of those TTwR playsets that Leoff sent me.
(fail) I'm in the process of converting TTwR to a PWYW DTRPG product and I need to sort things out and update the site before I post anything else. I don't want to accidentally appropriate fan material, but I still want to make it available.
4. Create an 'exhibition game' for Rewind.
(success) Shared two games of Zero Tarot, Loveint, a bit Ghost/Echo/Rose, and a solo game workshop.
5. Participate in Game Chef 2016.
(success) Didn't cross the finish line, but I did come up with some ideas to hold on to and I was active in the G+ community during the contest. Will certainly read a bunch of the cool entries I saw. On a tangent, I did participate in GMC Jam and did complete an entry for that contest.
6. Participate in SGAM2016 (Solo Gaming Appreciation Month)
(Success) This is in November, much fun was had.
7. Create a game to go with my paper craft project.
(success) Created Flick Tanks as a video game that was based on rules for a table top game.
8. Continue posting to Tephra Falls.
(fail) I posted some more, have a new episode half written. But, other things have stolen my time.
9. Play test someone's game.
(success) Helped a friend test some game ideas and helped Zylo playtest his latest game, Teeth and Steel and Nick Wedig's LOVEINT.
10. Increase my activity in the Fear the Boot Game Design group on G+.
(success) Derp, shifting gears to the Unity3D community, but was more active on the group as well.

Game Programming / 3D Models / Paper craft:

1. Add new functionality to Map Gen
(success) created Hex Gen a map grid maker, used it to update the WarpWar text. Also added sector population based on Uncharted Worlds.
2. Use the Zero Tarot logic (or a new engine) to complete Hack-a-tron.
(success sort-of) added three decks to zero tarot but did not create one from scratch
3. Create HymenopTerra as an electronic hive building/exploration game.
(failed) My programming energy went unexpectedly into Flick Tanks and now Unity.
4. Participate in NaGaDeMon (board/video game creation)
(success) Major update to zero-dice.
5. Decide what I want to do with Tangent Space Marines and act on it.
(success) Officially on the back burner, I might need to recruit my son as a co-creator. Still taking to Just about ideas. Might be a spring board for a unity project.
6. Decide what I want to do with Frozen Thunder and act on it.
(success) Decided to halt this and work on Flick Tanks (call it Frozen Thunder: the casual game.)
7. Decide what I want to do with Tactical Command and act on it.
(success) Shelved for this year, may come back to this as a video game. Also holding on to the option of re-writing it for DTRPG/Wargame Vault release.
8. Decide what I want to do with Cluster War and act on it.
(success) Shelved for this year, may come back to this as a campaign system for the above. Also holding on to the option of re-writing it for DTRPG/Wargame Vault release.
9. Create new 3D models specifically for paper crafting.
(fail) Worked on designing hex tokens for a game idea. Trashed that in order to work on models for Flick Tanks. I have 3d models that render fine in top down view, but they need work for 3D and paper crafting.
10. Create Pepakura templates for said models.
(fail along with #9) Made a few prototypes for the hex game, but dropped that with an eye for Flick Tanks the table top game.

Final score 15/20, not bad given that I had some major course corrections along the way and work was a real bear to deal with.

zircher has been thanked by:
zircher

Have thanks: 502 time
Highscores: 3

Postby zircher » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 am

Well, the new year is creeping up and time for a new list of things to ponder, aspire towards, and fret over. :-)

New Year's Resolutions 2017

Table Top Gaming and RPGs

1. Play/Run a new RPG (Masks, Worlds in Peril, Epyllion, OVA, and 7th Sea are contenders)
2. Play/Run an ancient game from my closet. (Looking at Pacesetter's Sandman from 1985)
3. Repackage TTwR for DTRPG.
4. Participate in Game Chef 2017.
5. Participate in Solo Gamer Appreciation Month, #SGAM2017
6. Play test someone's game.
7. Create more content for Tangent Zero on DTRPG.
8. Create/Enhance a web toy for table top gaming.
9. Play a new boardgame.
10. Play more bucket list games. (John's part of this group.)

Game Programming / 3D Models / Paper craft:

1. Create a web based dungeon explorer.
2. Participate in the Back Burner Jam in January.
3. Create HymenopTerra as electronic game, platform undecided.
4. Participate in NaGaDemon 2017.
5. Create Flick Tanks in Unity.
6. Create Tangent Space Marines in Unity.
7. Create 3d spaceship for special project.
8. Develop art pipeline converting from old formats to FBX.
9. Participate in GMC #3.
10. Read three Unity programming books.
11. Complete Traveller mapping project.
12. Work on a new papercraft project.
13. Standalone Starmade server. (Got the hardware)
Last edited by zircher on Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

zircher

Postby kedamono » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:48 pm

Well, I resolve to have more fun this year. Happy New Years!
Listen to the Tri Tac Podcast!
kedamono
Site Admin

Have thanks: 421 time

Postby zircher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 am

Just for fun, I finally finished my run of Six Hours to Midnight, a solo RPG framework by Alto Dizi.

I may or may not have mangled some of the rules, so to protect the guilty, you get the story without all the dice mechanics. :-)

http://zircher.deviantart.com/art/six-hours-to-midnight-TAZ-661246722
--
TAZ

zircher

Postby zircher » Sun May 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Let's see, progress report time.

Enhanced hex maker and the DAT builder.
Played Nefarious and got some more game time on Marvel Superheroes.
Figured out a good work flow for SUF to FBX.
Grabbed more Unity books so I have more than I need. Now I just need to devote the time.
Failed on Back Burner Jam and GMC #3, was paralyzed by the rift in my game making tools.
Dropped the ball badly on the 3d spaceship for special project.
Starmade is going through a major system redesign, so that kind of went into limbo.

Kind of behind schedule, but made a LOT of progress on Frozen Thunder so that will eventually become web site content as well as a possible substitute for some of the other resolutions.

zircher

Postby zircher » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 am

Well, did something strange for Game Chef 2017. I created a game, one that I actually liked. But, I decided not to submit it. The primary reason was time. Part of the Game Chef contest is that you have to make a time commitment to reviewing other titles and I'm already tied up with doing that for Games on Trial.

So, I put the brakes on my entry but I do plan to add some more to and polish it up for later.
--
TAZ

zircher

Previous

Return to General Topics